Something Blue Collection
'Something Blue' jewellery in lots of beautiful styles and shades is available throughout the Latch Farm Studios collections, a perfect gift for the bride along with a copy of the traditional wedding poem. Perfect for bringing lots of luck on the wedding day!
A Traditional Wedding Poem
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.
This old custom says that if the bride carries all four good luck tokens mentioned in the poem on her wedding day, she will have a happy marriage:
- "Something old" symbolizes continuity with the bride's family and the past.
- "Something new" means optimism and hope for the bride's new life ahead.
- "Something borrowed" the bride can depend on her friends and family.
- "Something blue" has been connected to weddings for centuries to symbolize love, modesty, purity and fidelity. Before the late 19th century, blue was a popular color for wedding gowns, as evidenced in proverbs like, "Marry in blue, lover be true."
- "A silver sixpence" in the bride's shoe represents wealth and financial security. For optimum fortune, the sixpence should be in the left shoe. There is also a Scottish custom of a groom putting a silver coin under his foot for good luck.
If you would like a free copy of the 'Traditional Wedding Poem' included with your purchase please mention this in the special instrucions box when you make your purchase.
If your purchase is a gift and you would like to add a gift tag please include your message in the instruction box and we will be happy to include it for you inside your gift wrapped package.
Remember to look in the 'Designers & Makers' shop too, here you can choose 'brooch' if you are purchasing 'Something Blue' to enable the bride to clip it to her bouquet - or - 'pendant' if you want her to be able to tie it to her bouquet then keep it to wear as a necklace.