This Season's Colours
The Pantone fashion color reports
My design collections compliment the Pantone seasons fashion colours perfectly, ideal for adding the finishing touches to your new outfits with coordinated jewellery. These colours are also reflected in this seasons wedding themes so remember to check out the wedding page to view jewellery that matches the Pantone fashion colors. Colour specialists at Pantone give an insight into the main color trends in fashion for Spring 2013 - update your wardrobe with the must-have colours of the season!
Pantone Color of the Year for 2013: Emerald PANTONE 17-5641
Radiant, jewel-toned Emerald promotes balance and harmony.
Pantone Fashion Color Report for Spring 2013
The Balancing Act
This season, designers overwhelmingly address consumers' desire for self-expression, balance and the need to re-energize. The color direction for spring builds upon these compelling needs with a palette that mixes dynamic brights with novel neutrals to create a harmonious balance. This allows for unique combinations that offer practicality and versatility, but at the same time, demand attention and earn an appreciative glance.
Image courtesy of Pantone
The most prominent hues for spring 2013.
The prevalence of green this spring is undeniable. Similar to the many shades in our natural surroundings, this season's greens offer a stunning foreground or the perfect backdrop for all other hues. From one extreme to the other, combining all three greens presents an intriguing choice much like Mother Nature intended.
- Emerald - Pantone colour of the year 2013 - is sophisticated and lively, radiant green, inspires insight and clarity while enhancing our sense of well-being.
- Tender Shoots first sign of spring, a vibrant yellow-green, is invigorating, active and cheerful.
- Grayed Jade is a subtle, hushed green with a gray undertone, brings about a mood of quiet reflection and repose.
- African Violet is a statement color that brings an exotic touch of intrigue to the palette, as purples often do, and can be incorporated into many unexpected combinations. Try pairing it with Poppy Red.
- Poppy Red an exuberant seductive, sensual and celebratory shade. Whether it's a knockout dress or a kiss on the lips, every woman's wardrobe and beauty essentials should include this spirited, true red.
- Nectarine a bright, effervescent citrus orange with coral undertones, provides a tangy burst of flavor.
- Lemon Zest brings out a cheerful piquant taste with its refreshing, spritely greenish cast.
- Dusk Blue offers a calming sense of serenity akin to its green counterpart, Grayed Jade. Both of these colors act as the season's newest neutrals. For an unexpected mix, pair Dusk Blue with the intensity of Nectarine.
- Linen is a warm neutral, light and airy, providing a nude like basic that is a must have for spring. Try pairing Linen with Grayed Jade or Dusk Blue.
- Monaco Blue is a classic shade that offers both stability and depth to the entire palette. Combine Monaco Blue with Poppy Red and Linen, or Monaco Blue and Emerald for a fresh collegiate look.
AUTUMN 2O13: A Palette of Many Moods
This season, designers express the many moods of fall with skillfully arranged collections that will enhance and enliven customers' outlooks as the colder months set in. Similarly, colors come together to create moods that range from sophisticated and structured to lively and vivid, encapsulating our inherent need for wardrobe variety to reflect emotions that run from thoughtfully introspective to irrepressibly elated.
"Just as the leaves change in autumn, the consumer will enjoy the ability to change their 'look' and try a new approach to their wardrobe for brisk days ahead," said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. "The fall 2013 palette allows for that versatility and experimentation."
This report previews the most prominent hues for fall 2013. With the changing season, the greens from spring evolve and develop.
Image courtesy of Pantone
- Emerald continues to sparkle and fascinate, bringing luxury and elegance to the palette
- Linden Green brings a lightness and brightness to the deeper shades of fall. Try pairing both with Mykonos Blue, a bold, meditative blue, for a classic and relaxed fall look.
- Acai adds exotic mystery and richness to the palette, and can be incorporated with the other colors to create a number of powerful fall combinations. Pair the elegant shade of purple with Emerald for a regal disposition, or spirited Samba red for an expressive and dramatic look.
- Koi a decorative orange with dazzling and shimmering qualities, is a statement color that serves as a pick-me-up for your wardrobe.
- Vivacious an unruly and wildly deep fuchsia, adds an ebullient sensuality to the palette. Pair Vivacious with anchoring Deep Lichen Green, a naturally lush shade of green, for a dynamic juxtaposition that captures both ends of the seasonal spectrum.
- Turbulence a dark mercurial gray provides more interesting and sophisticated alternatives to the black basics usually worn in colder months.
- Carafe a rich, glamorous brown, both Carafe and Turbulence are staple neutrals that pair gracefully with more expressive colors within the palette, such as Samba, Koi and Vivacious.
For more than 20 years, Pantone, the global authority on color, has surveyed the designers of New York Fashion Week and beyond to bring you the season's most important color trends.
Pantone Fashion Color Report for Fall 2012
The Magic of Colour
The colours for autumn/winter 2012 season are:
Image courtesy of Pantone
- Tangerine Tango is the colour of the year 2012.
- Olympian Blue the Pantone report says that it is a patriotic blue that will surely make its way into fall and winter athletic apparel.
- Ultramarine Green the review says that this is a deep, cooling blue-green.
- Titanium is the quintessential cool gray.
- Honey Gold is a mellow, burnished yellow, suggests the soft-muted tones of sunlight to brighten a fall day.
- Pink Flambe the report reveals that it's a delicious, vibrant pink with a bit of heat to it. Pair it with vivacious and enticing Tangerine Tango for an ongoing retro feeling.
- Rhapsody is a grayed-down purple that also encourages comfort and serenity with its quiet, muted tone.
- Rose Smoke is a veiled rose tone that pairs well with Rhapsody and Titanium.
- French Roast a tasty, sophisticated hue that is a great alternative to the black and charcoal basics typically worn in the fall.
- Bright Chartreuse according to the report this, vital yellow-green, pays homage to a typical spring shade and creates a bridge into the cooling days of fall."